Project SEARCH is a unique opportunity for young people with learning disabilities in Plymouth and surrounding areas, who are serious about getting into paid work. It is a partnership between City College, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust, Serco and Pluss, that enables 18-24 year olds with an EHCP and a Plymouth postcode to develop their employment skills by working in real jobs at Derriford Hospital.
Learning to work safely and professionally within a busy hospital environment, Project SEARCH Interns are able to increase their chances of employability in the future...and applications for the September 2022 programme are now open.
HOW TO APPLY FOR PROJECT SEARCH
Step 1: meet the eligibility criteria
• Have a diagnosed Learning Disability and an EHCP (Education, Health and Care Plan).
• Be aged 18 to 24 years in September 2022.
• Live at a Plymouth address and pay Council Tax to Plymouth City Council.
Step 2: candidates must:
• really want to get paid work!
• be prepared to work at Derriford Hospital
• be able to commit to working Monday to Friday, 9am - 4pm
• Have an excellent time keeping and attendance record.
Step 3: complete an application
You apply online through the City College Plymouth website here.
For more information about the support available in Plymouth for young people with special educational needs and disabilities, click here to access our Youth Hub Resource Bank.