Youth Hub.jpg

Support for Special Educational Needs and Disability

Supporting our young people with SEND 

Recent months have been hard for everyone.  If you are a young person with SEND, things may have been even more difficult and complicated, and planning what to do next is tough. 

For most young people, and especially those with an Education, Health and Care Plan, growing up and becoming an adult is a time of change and development.  It can be both exciting and daunting for you and your loved ones as you move towards more personal independence and set out on your next journeys. There is extra support planned and this process is called transition pathway planning. It is very important that young people with SEND can access good quality information and all the support they are entitled to, which will enable them to make the right decisions as they move into adulthood.

Young people may be receiving services from a number of agencies such as health, social care, voluntary agencies or education services; it is important that these organisations are involved in planning for the future so that choices and concerns can be explored properly, always with the young person at the heart of the planning.

Find out more about Plymouth’s guidance and support SEND services below: