Skills Launchpad Plymouth is very excited to be recruiting for a Kickstarter (a young person aged 16 to 24-years-old who is in receipt of universal credit) to join the growing team!
If you are looking to gain paid work experience, increase your confidence and employability skills and prepare for long term employment, this programme could be for you. Find out more below:
Skills Launchpad Plymouth in Barclays, Armada Way, plus some homeworking
37 hours a week for 1-year
* Smooth operation of the Skills Launchpad Plymouth reception (50%)
* Data and enquiries effectively processed (20%)
* Administration support for delivery of activities and events (20%)
* Working to schedule and task lists, staff rotas and resource plans (10%)
Summary of role
Reception and general administration duties including:
· Undertake diary management and schedule appointments for Launchpad services
· Communicate with Launchpad enquirers over the telephone, via email and face to face contact
· Welcome visitors and delivery partners to the Launchpad
· Data entry for Launchpad delivery using the appropriate software systems
· Printing, photocopying and collation of documents
· Maintain filing and other record systems
· Maintain marketing material stocks
· Update website content
· Provide admin support for hosting events and outreach activities
· Arrange meetings, refreshments, travel and training courses as required
· The successful candidate will be fully supported with training, coaching and mentoring to provide key essential skills including teamwork and communication skills.
· The young person will have an initial assessment, action plan and induction plan personalised to their own needs and goals
· Following the placement, we will support the transition into employment within PCC or partner organisations.
12.00noon on Friday 9 July
Planned interview date
Tuesday 13 July
Note: This vacancy is part of the Kickstart Scheme and is only open to eligible candidates who are referred by their Jobcentre Work Coaches. Don’t hang about, speak to your Work Coach today as this role is vital to the running of Skills Launchpad Plymouth and we can’t wait for our new team member to get started.