Are you aged between 18-30? (as of 31st May 2023) Were you eligible for a leaving care support package when you left care?
The Civil Service is showing commitment to care leavers by offering paid internships in government departments all over the country. Plymouth is one of the City’s that is taking part.
What can you expect?
· The roles available are for Administrative Officer’s and Executive Officer’s.
· Fixed term internship for 12 months with the possibility of extension.
· There is also the amazing opportunity of a permanent role within the Civil Service for some candidates, following their 12 months, depending on performance and funding.
· A salary of £21,204
· Benefits including, flexible working and on going professional development opportunities
As the roles are computer based, you may be requested to do the following;
· To take your own initiative with minimal supervision following departmental policy and procedures, knowing when to seek help.
· To identify priorities, resolving issues and manage your time effectively.
· To support the team to secure the most effective outcome.
· To manage diaries, arrange meetings and book meeting rooms.
· To effectively and accurately use multiple Microsoft applications and their functions.
· To provide effective customer service.
No qualifications are required for this internship, however you will need to provide examples that prove you can meet the criteria.
If your written application is successful, you can expect to be invited to attend a virtual interview that will be in and around 30 minutes.
Start dates are likely to be from August onwards.
This is a truly fantastic opportunity to boost your skill set, and your cv!
To find out more about click here
To apply, click here